Varicose veins along with their milder forms named “spider veins” are large, bulging and they have a blue or purple aspect. When their state gets worse, they can actually cause pain. Other than that, they are just a pure cosmetic concern. Luckily, there are some essential oils you can use to treat them!
- The lack of elasticity in the veins, which makes it impossible for them to get back to their normal size after a period of heavy blood flow.
- Weakened valves in the veins, making them unable to prevent the blood from flowing back towards your feet with gravity.
- A sluggish blood circulation caused by the fact that the person either sits or stands too much without moving.
- Being overweight or pregnant is once again a main cause.
- The female hormone imbalances caused by menopause or pregnancy or due to the intake of contraceptive pills.
Using the right oils will help you prevent getting varicose veins and stop them from getting worse than they currently are. Curious to know what are these miracles provided by nature? Here they are:
- Cypress oil – It shrinks the swollen blood vessels, improves the circulation of the blood and fights fluid retention in the body.
- Clary sage – It improves the blood flow. It also reduces the menstrual cramps when combined with cinnamon, ginger, marjoram and geranium.
- Rose essential oil – It improves the blood flow, especially when it is mixed with clary sage and lavender.
- Yarrow essential oil – It fights the inflammation which appears in the circulatory system and which is responsible for the swelling of the blood vessels and the pain caused by this process.
- Geranium – It contracts the blood vessels, which is necessary in the case of bulging varicose veins!
- Calamus essential oil – If it is inhaled, it will improve your blood circulation.
- Frankincense essential oil – It improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure and balances the production of estrogen.
- Basil essential oil – Great for blood circulation and for alleviating the pain caused by varicose veins.
- Cassia bark essential oil – Improves the blood circulation by tightening the blood vessels.
- Cedar wood and cinnamon essential oils – Work in promoting the good circulation of the blood by contracting the blood vessels.
- Lemongrass essential oil – Works in contracting the blood vessels and offering relief from the pain.
- Ginger essential oil – The circulation of the blood can be improved so well that it also has an effect in reducing blood pressure.
- Take 1 liter of cold water and add 5 drops of cypress essential oil in it.
- Prepare a cold pad and apply it on the area with the varicose veins. Your legs should be elevated while you are doing this.
Massage with essential oils
Mix 3 tbsp. of sweet almond oil with 10 drops of cypress oil, 10 drops of clary sage oil and 10 drops of frankincense oil. Put the mixture in a bottle and massage the affected area twice a day with this elixir. Massage on both sides of your veins and not across them for better effects. Also, make sure that your massage is gentle.