Rice is a commonly met food, especially in Asia, in countries such as Japan and China. As it’s readily available in these regions, it is an ingredient used in cooking, as well as for beauty purposes.
Did you know that rice water comprises of excellent nutrients that are beneficial for your hair and skin? Namely, rice consists of vitamins C, B, E, and essential minerals that promote beauty and health.
Rice water is the milky white content that you obtain after boiling or soaking the rice. In order to benefit from its numerous nutrients, you may use it either diluted, fermented or concentrated.
And the best thing about rice water is that it’s a piece of cake to prepare! Anyone can make it at home. All you need is two ingredients – rice and water! Follow the next steps if you wish to incorporate this magic lotion into your daily beauty routine.
Rice water – Method 1
- Begin by washing a cup of organic rice, in plenty of water.
- Boil the rice in three cups of water.
- Once the rice is done, strain the liquid, and transfer it into a clean container.
- Leave the water to cool down. Afterward, you should store it in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for about one week.
- Take one or two tablespoons of the obtained rice water, and transfer it into one cup of water. Stir until you get a milky texture. And voila, you can use this treatment to take care of your skin and hair!
Rice water – Method 2
- Combine one cup of organic rice with 2 cups of water.
- Let the mixture stay for up to 30 minutes.
- Stir and, afterward, transfer the water into a different container.
- Store at a cold temperature for up to three days. Before usage, shake it well.
After you’ve prepared your organic rice water, you can use it in your daily hair and skin routine! Replace the multitude of expensive, counter-top cosmetics with this natural beauty remedy. The primary benefits linked to rice water are unbelievable.
For starters, rice water boosts the health of your hair. Since hair is made primordially of protein, the protein present in rice is excellent for promoting its health, making it soft and shiny. Additionally, rice water encompasses inositol, which is a carbohydrate that prevents hair damage. You may effectively treat hair loss by using rice water. All you have to do is pour some of the water on your hair after shampooing and massage the content into your scalp for 10 minutes. Repeat the procedure two times a week for guaranteed results.
Furthermore, rice water is excellent at treating irritated and inflamed skin as well. For instance, patients suffering from atopic dermatitis can use rice water for treating their condition. In the case of localized irritation, you should soak a cotton ball in rice water, and massage the liquid into the inflamed area, for best results.