Bloating can be an extremely irritating experience for those affected if you are in a public place or you find yourself in a social situation. Usually, bloating occurs when the small intestine has a high amount of excess gas, which makes the stomach appear swollen.
The small intestine gets high volumes of gas due to water retention, overeating, air that is trapped, various types of indigestion, smoking and, most importantly, constipation. You can expect to experience diarrhea, belching, stomach pains and cramps when feeling bloated.
The most obvious way to fight off bloating is to go to the toilet or eliminate the extra gas. But there are a few remedies that you can try at home to fight off this unpleasant condition, such as chamomile, caraway seeds, and ginger. Here is a list that includes some of them.
Fennel is known to be a very effective weapon against bloating. It has a diuretic nature and comes with carminative and anti-microbial properties and pain reducing qualities. Fennel eliminates the feeling of bloating by relieving the muscles in the digestive tract. Also, fennel packs a high amount of volatile oils which keep gas at bay, letting it pass through the system.
How to use fennel:
- Crush a few fennel seeds (a teaspoon should be enough)
- Fill a cup with hot water and leave it for 10 minutes
- Strain the tea and drink it for 2 or 3 times per day
- You should feel the effects in 5 to 10 minutes
Peppermint contains methanol oil, which eliminates the spasm that your muscles from the digestive tract experience. This, in turn, allows the air and food to pass through the gastrointestinal tract. Moreover, the iron from the food is more easily processed by consuming peppermint.
- Fill a cup with hot water and put a whole bag of peppermint into the cup
- Cover it and leave it to steep for 10 minutes
- Remove the tea bag from the cup and squeeze it above the cup
- Consume the tea
- Repeat the ritual two times per day
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known for its cleansing qualities and for being one of the best foods to treat digestive problems. It can also provide relief from bloating-related symptoms almost instantly.
- Filter one glass of warm water, combine it with one regular spoon of apple cider vinegar (make sure that it is unfiltered)
- Drink it steadily
- Do it for 2 or 3 times per day, before every meal
It is a known fact that spicy food and meals that contain high amounts of fiber are a chore for the stomach because they are harder to digest. When the food is not properly digested, it penetrates the large intestine where the natural bacteria picks off what other organs left. This is how excess gas is produced, which leads to bloating. Pumpkin has Vitamin A, which supports the digestion process and prevents bloating.
Bloating can be a terribly annoying thing to deal with, and it is best to prevent it in order to lead a healthy and productive life. Hopefully, this list has provided you with all the necessary information that you were seeking.