Dark circles are usually caused by factors such as stress, inadequate sleeping patterns, unbalanced diets, vitamin deficiencies or certain medications. They are formed by pigmentation around the sensitive skin of your eyes. Fortunately, it has been proven that honey is a great solution to this problem.
How does Honey Work in Reducing Dark Circles?
This is how honey can help you get rid of your problem:
- Honey is a very great moisturizer.
- It has bleaching properties and anti-inflammatory effect to help reduce blemishes and pigmentation.
- It’s safe for the tender skin around the eye.
- It’s packed with essential nutrients and antioxidants.
- It helps cell growth and promotes collagen formation.
- It improves blood circulation due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
Ways to Use Honey to Remove Dark Circles
Honey can be used in so many beneficial combinations that you won’t even know what to start with. Still, here are some examples of how you can use honey to get rid of your dark circles.
- Raw Honey
This method simply implies that you have to apply raw honey on your dark circles and leave it on for about 20 minutes. You can also add it to your diet to prevent the apparition of dark circles.
- Honey with Almond Oil
Mix honey with an equal amount of almond oil, and apply it around your eyes, massaging the area for a few minutes. Leave it on during the night and just wash it off in the morning.
- Vitamin E, Egg White and Honey
1 egg white, half a teaspoon of raw honey and a ground vitamin E tablet are enough for this mask. It nourishes the skin and moisturizes it to remove the dark circles.
- Lemon Juice and Honey
Just like honey, lemon juice is also packed with bleaching agents that help in removing those pesky dark circles. Just mix equal quantities of the two and apply to the skin around your eyes, leaving it on for a few minutes before washing it off.
- Honey with Aloe Vera and Cucumber
Cucumber has always been known for being the eyes’ best friend. Just mix half a teaspoon of organic honey, some Aloe Vera gel and 1 teaspoon of grated cucumber, and apply the mixture around the eyes. Wash it off after 20 minutes and repeat the process daily.
Tips to Pay Attention To
As much as honey can be a miracle ingredient, there are also some things that need to be considered when faced with dark circles or using eye masks. Here are some of them:
- Use organic honey for the best results.
- Don’t apply directly to the eye, or too close. It may cause more damage than good.
- Don’t apply too much pressure when you massage the skin.
- It is not recommended that you leave any packs around the eyes for more than 15-20 minutes.
- Avoid direct sunlight, since it can also cause dark circles.
- Sleep adequately and exercise.
If you follow these pieces of advice, you are more than likely to relieve yourself of this problem and look your best.