We will show you a very simple recipe that can be useful when you are already affected by cold or flu and you need something natural that will relieve your symptoms and make you stronger in your fight against the disease.
This mix of ingredients acts as a natural immunity booster, providing a lot of crucial vitamins in the process. Ginger has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, honey and vinegar are antibacterial, garlic acts as an antibiotic and antiseptic, while lemon juice is multi-healing.
Antidote for cold and flu – recipe
- 1 lemon
- 2 spoons of vinegar
- 1 spoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped ginger
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 knife tip of cayenne
- 1 mug of water
How to prepare it:
Pour the water into a glass jar. Squeeze the juice of a lemon. Add the vinegar, the crushed garlic, the finely chopped ginger, the cayenne powder and the honey. Add the cap and shake the jar vigorously, so the ingredients are properly mixed.
The solution obtained is divided into multiple portions and consumed multiple times a day in order to relieve symptoms of cold and flu. You can use a 30-50 ml bottle for each portion. Keep the mix in the fridge.
In case you find it too spicy and difficult to consume, add some more honey.
This cure can be very useful for head and throat aches, coughs, a runny nose and the general weakness that appears due to disease.
Here is why this works
- The vinegar in this mix calms throat pains and sustains the immunity system through its amount of probiotics (good bacteria). There are numerous benefits that this ingredient brings: first of all, it is antimicrobial. The organic acids found in it actually enter cell membranes in order to kill bacteria. Another benefit is the antioxidant properties it brings. These ensure the boost of the immune system: antioxidants fight free radicals that are responsible for numerous health problems, from aging signs to various diseases.
- Ginger is another excellent ingredient that helps throat and stomach health, keeping them in good shape. Ginger has been found to be an excellent antibacterial agent in studies. When added to various other benefits, it makes for a solid natural choice that promotes general health.
- Lemons are rich in nutrients that boost the immune system and reduce the acidity and inflammations in the body. This is due to the high amount of antioxidants and citric acid found in the fruits.
- Garlic contains numerous compounds that have the power of killing a variety of microorganisms, including bacteria and viruses that cause earaches, cold and flu. It also helps boost the immunity, bringing excellent protection against various diseases as a result.
- Cayenne powder is very useful in reducing fever and calming throat pains. What’s more, its anti-irritant properties also make it excellent for stomach problems, even when it comes to more serious conditions such as ulcers.