There are many factors that play an important role in how your skin looks. Your eating habits, lifestyle factors, sleep pattern, drinking habits, exercise routine and hygiene habits, have a direct impact on your complexion.
What you eat and the nutrition that your body does or does not get from your diet will be reflected on your skin. If you want to have a radiant, glowing skin, make sure you include this amazing juice in your diet. The ingredients you need are readily available in any grocery store or supermarket. You will also need a food processor or juicer. Make sure you buy only fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.
Superfoods for a super juice
- Beetroot is rich in antioxidants, and it prevents the skin from premature aging by neutralizing free radicals. The vegetable also purifies the blood and aids in detoxification.
- Carrots are high in Vitamin A, antioxidants and beta carotene which keep your skin vibrant, healthy and glowing. This vegetable also protects your skin from the damages caused by the UV rays.
- The water-rich cucumber will keep your skin hydrated, and the trace mineral silica it contains will maintain your skin’s elasticity and rejuvenate it.
- Apples are rich in Vitamins C, B and A, antioxidants and beta-carotene which help maintain a younger-looking and healthy skin.
- Pomegranates are rich in Vitamin C, which helps in collagen formation, delaying skin wrinkling and sagging.
- Lemons and oranges have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, preventing skin damage from environmental pollution and the sun. They also play an important role in detoxification.
- Ginger is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, promoting a clear and smooth skin.
- The summertime favorite fruit, watermelon, contains more than 90% water. It will keep your skin hydrated, and the lycopene compound will protect your skin from the UV light and will neutralize free radicals.
How to prepare the juice that will make your skin glow
Add a peeled beetroot into the juicer, followed by two small peeled carrots, a peeled cucumber, and one large apple cut into small pieces. Add the seeds of half a pomegranate, a small piece of fresh ginger and one large peeled orange. In the end, pour in some lemon juice to enhance all those flavors and pour the juice into a blender. Add half a cup of watermelon cubes without the seeds, the juice of half a lemon, a handful of fresh mint leaves and some ice. Blend all the ingredients for several seconds, take a tall glass and enjoy the benefits of this amazing juice.
You do not have to use all the ingredients if you do not find them in your market. You can also replace the mint leaves with sweet basil leaves. Drink the juice fresh or keep it in the fridge, but not longer than two days, as it will lose all its healthy properties. This juice is easy to make, and it will help you have the healthy skin that you want.