Coconut butter is extracted from the nutritious pulp of the fruits, making it 100% organic. It contains 90% saturated and healthy fats, it helps detoxify the body and brings various other benefits to your overall health.
Coconut butter can be quite expensive out of the stores, yet there is an accessible way to take advantage of its amazing properties by preparing it at home. You only need a coconut, and you are set to obtain one of the healthiest food products in the world.
Coconut butter – recipe
Coconut butter can be served on bread or biscuits for those looking to replace regular butter. It can also be used in cooking for an extra flavor. It lasts for up to 2 years.
- Pick a fresh coconut that is quite heavy. Shake it well and make sure that you hear the water on the inside. Check the three eyes as well, so they are not damaged.
- You will notice that two of the eyes will be softer – this is where you begin breaking the coconut. Take a corkscrew and make a hole. Pour the water into a glass and place the coconut in the fridge for 20 minutes. In the meantime, you can strain and consume the water, as it is a delicious and healthy part as well. After 2o minutes, take the coconut out of the fridge, place it on a towel and hit it with a hammer until it breaks into small parts. Take the white pulp out.
Use a blender to help you prepare the butter. Put the pulp and a bit of oil and blend them together.
Transform the pulp of the coconut into flakes. You can either use a grater for the purpose and or use a kitchen machine. Either way, let them dry on a paper towel afterward.
Place the dry flakes in the blender and add enough warm water to cover them. Blend for 3-4 minutes, take the water away and let the flakes dry. The water should be kept in the fridge for at least 12 hours, as it will allow the butter will rise to the surface.
Place the dried flakes in a kitchen machine with an S blade and mix for 15 minutes, taking small breaks. The flakes will eventually melt and turn into butter.
- it has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antioxidant and anti-stress properties
- it boosts the immune system
- it improves digestion and the absorption of nutrients
- it detoxifies the body – coconut butter provides excellent support to the kidney and liver
- helps battle various diseases: hypertension, diabetes as well as various problems of the heart, kidney and thyroid see improvement with regular consumption of coconut butter
- strengthens the bones
- protects the arteries
- lowers the level of bad cholesterol
- helps with weight-loss
As you can see, this simple product manages to bring a wide range of health benefits. And with its excellent taste and versatility, it becomes extremely easy to make it part of our diet.