When we eat a fruit or a vegetable, we have the habit of throwing away the peel. But what if that peel is good for our health? Have you ever thought of it? We did and we found out how the veggie and fruit peels can make you feel and look better. We will tell you all the secrets that will help you use fruits and vegetables to the fullest.
The benefits of peels
The peels from fruits and vegetables are usually thrown away, but we can use them to make natural treatments that will help us stay away from diseases. Here are the main benefits of using peels in your everyday life:
- Make your coffee pot look outstanding with the help of this recipe. Put in your coffee pot some lemon rinds, ice and salt and swirl this mix for 2 minutes. Empty the coffee pot and then wash it with water.
- If you want to give a new face to a fabric, use pomegranate peels and your fabric will have a great color. Fill a stainless steel pot with hot water and pomegranate peels and let it rest for a day. Remove the pomegranate peels and put the wet fabric in the mixture. Let it rest for the night and, in the morning, you will have a new fabric.
- Make a mask from your banana peels and sugar. Sprinkle some sugar on the banana peels and rub it on your body. Wash yourself afterwards, and you will reveal a glowing skin.
- The potato peels help you eliminate the puffiness under your eyes. Keep the potato peels under your eyes for 15 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- From the combination between olive oil and citrus peel, you can make a great aromatic citrus olive oil. All you have to do is keep the mix in a jar in your fridge for six hours and then it will be ready for use.
- The avocado peel works just fine as a moisturizer for your skin. Rub it against your skin to hydrate it.
- The mix between lemon juice, potato peels and olive oil will become a great snack. Put the potato peels on a baking sheet and cook them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn them over and you will have some delicious potato crisps that you can eat when watching a movie or when you have some friends over.
- Create your own vegetable stock by simply boiling potato peels, leek ends, onion skin and carrot peels. Use it to make soups or sauces.
- The orange or grapefruit peels can be very refreshing for your skin. Rub them on your face and you will see how glowing and healthy your skin will look.
Now that you’ve found how useful veggie and fruit peels can be, you won’t throw them away anymore. Use them as presented above and you will benefit from all their properties.