How often does it happen for blisters to ruin your entire day? Either caused by a new pair of shoes, or excessive walking, the pain and annoyance caused by blisters tend to get in the way of life’s little enjoyments. Nonetheless, you can treat them at home rather effortlessly using these home remedies I am about to present.
- Garlic – Thanks to its abundance in enzymes that work as antiviral factors, garlic is a great antibiotic in healing warts and blisters, as it aims at killing the bacteria. You can rub a clove of garlic topically on the affected area for a couple of times a day, until the healing process is complete. It may sting a little, but its effectiveness is tested, and most importantly, it is natural, therefore it presents no other side effects.
- Vaseline – When applied locally, Vaseline is meant to hydrate the affected skin adequately, therefore accelerating your feet’s recovery. Most of the times we have it in our homes, therefore you needn’t go to the pharmacy to buy it especially, as you ought to do if are to buy yourself a synthetic remedy.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is widely used for its efficient healing properties, and has been known for centuries to be beneficial for its skin care properties. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, therefore promoting the recovery of affected skin. It also helps in preventing redness and swallowing from appearing. In addition to that, hydrating your skin accordingly by using aloe vera will undoubtedly accelerate the recovery of your affected feet.
- Barberry – Barberry can also be used in preventing your skin from infection. Its healing aspects have been known for centuries, being acknowledged as a healing herb in ancient Egypt. Thanks to its antibiotic and antibacterial functions it can be the right remedy in treating your blisters. Nevertheless, you should always try using it in small to very small proportions, as it is a very powerful herb.
- Houseleek – Houseleek also accounts itself as a popular home remedy in treating blisters. It is widely acknowledged as one of the best cures in treating skin related problems, as it presents little to no side effects. Simply apply the juice of the leaf locally on the blister a few times a day. It visibly stimulates the healing process thanks to its richness in nutrients, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Onions – As onions present anti-inflammatory properties, using them can also be the right solution for your irritated feet. Slice a raw onion in half and then try massaging the affected skin with it. You can also apply part of the onion on the blister and bind it with a bandage. Let it stay overnight; the onion will release its natural juice that works efficiently as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- St. John’s wort – St. John’s wort is a medication originated from the flowering plant Hypericum perforatum. It is best known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling effects. Additionally, it helps preventing the further infection of your affected skin area, being an efficient antiseptic if applied topically. It also has the effect of calming your blisters.