Acne is an annoying and frustrating thing to deal with, both for women and for women. There are a variety of factors that can cause acne, such as stress, unhealthy diet, hormonal changes in the body and an improper hygiene of the face. As a result, the skin produces excess oil which clogs the pores, triggering the development of acne.
There are many commercial treatments for acne, but it can be cured just as easily by using DIY methods like toothpaste, apple cider vinegar and honey.
Without further ado, here are a few ways that you can treat acne using green tea, which is the focus of this article.
Why is green tea so efficient against acne?
- Green tea cuts the production of sebum in half
- It poses many antibacterial properties, killing the bacteria that trigger acne
- Green tea will prevent acne scarring from occurring
- It protects the skin from sun radiation
- When it comes to acne caused by stress, green tea promotes the production of cortisol, a substance which lowers the stress levels
Now, let us talk about a few green tea recipes for acne.
Green tea with honey
Honey is a potent moisturizing agent that kills the acne causing bacteria. By adding honey to the green tea, you will significantly enhance its properties. It will not only treat the acne but will improve the look of your skin.
- Put a green tea bag in boiled water for about 3 minutes
- After waiting for the tea bag to cool off, open it and remove the leaves
- Mix the leaves with raw honey until you obtain a paste
- After washing your face with water, massage the affected area with the paste
- Leave it there for 20 minutes, then wash your face and dry it
Apple cider vinegar combined with green tea
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best pimple drying agents. Moreover, it cleans the pores by eliminating dead skin cells and other impurities.
- Add two big spoons of apple cider vinegar in a small cup filled with green tea
- Mix it with as much raw honey as you want and drink it
As for an external application:
- ¼ cup of water, 3 big spoons of apple cider vinegar and ¼ cup of green tea
- Apply the mixture on a cotton ball and massage the affected areas within the morning and before going to bed.
Green tea combined with ginger
Ginger has many antibacterial and analgesic properties, making it the perfect way to clean up the skin and eliminate any impurities that may cause acne.
- Brew the green tea
- Boil it in a saucepan
- Mix it with 1 big spoon of peeled, cut up ginger root
- After that, simmer the mixture for another 5 minutes
- After it is done, remove the saucepan from the stove and combine it with 1 big spoon of lemon juice
As you can see, there are many home remedies that are very efficient against acne. Follow this small guide and your acne will be gone in no time.