The wheatgrass juice is an amazing product that will clean your organism and will keep the diseases away. At the same time, it offers you the necessary energy for the day. Wheatgrass has a history of more than 5,000 years, being used by the ancient Egyptians who discovered that it maintains them healthy and offers them vitality. In the civilized world, the consumption of wheatgrass has started around 1930s, following a few beneficial results obtained in experiments.
Wheatgrass Juice – Preparation
Take 2 – 3 handfuls of wheat and put them in a jar to wash them thoroughly (use spring water for this and not tap water). After that, let the wheat soak in the spring water for around 24 hours. Stir the mixture 2 – 3 times during this period. After that, rinse it using clean spring water. Strain the water in the jar and put the wheat back. Cover with a lid, a paper etc. and leave it this way for 3 days. Throughout this period, cleanse the wheat three times per day (in the morning, afternoon and evening). After these 3 days, the wheat should sprout.
This is the moment when you can put the wheat on a layer of soil without any chemicals in it. Put the grains next to each other and add another layer of soil over them to cover the wheat. Water them in the morning and in the evening you can just spray a little bit of water over it. Slowly, you will see how the wheat sprouts and the wheatgrass will grow. In only one week, the wheatgrass will get to 10 – 15 cm in height. Now you can cut it and squeeze the juice out of it. You can choose a manual or an automatic juicer to obtain the healthy beverage.
Wheatgrass Juice – Benefits
– Wheatgrass juice can detoxify the liver thanks to the amino-acids and enzymes in this beverage. It has anti-cancer properties and can eliminate all the waste products in your body. It can also fight against tumors and neutralize them.
– It is filled with vitamins: B-complex vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin E and vitamin C.
– It controls obesity by stimulating the thyroid and all its functions.
– Reduces high blood pressure by expanding the blood vessels and easing the blood flow.
– Wheatgrass juice is made of 70% chlorophyll and this means that it can protect the body against carcinogens. This way, the enzymes contained in the wheatgrass juice are going to prevent premature aging.
– This beverage also has antiseptic properties, as it can treat the following health problems: treats wounds, eliminates odors, speeds up the healing of skin grafts, reduces typhoid fever, treats the inflammations of the cervix and cures ear infections.
– Wheatgrass juice leaves the skin cleaner and brighter. You can drink it, but you can also use it externally and apply it on your face. The wheatgrass juice is an excellent natural cleanser. Apply the fresh juice on your clean skin and let it cure for about 15 minutes. Use cold water to cleanse and you will immediately notice that your skin is healthier and more beautiful.