Facial hair is a problem for many women. No one likes walking down the streets with a prominent mustache up on their face, saying hello. They all like walking proudly with a hair-free face, looking clear and gorgeous.
The hair on the face may mean there is a hereditary problem, a hormonal change, or even a polycystic ovary syndrome. To most of our surprise, at least 73% of the women are faced with this problem. In order to rid themselves of the hair, they all go through extremes such as plucking, threading, bleaching, waxing, laser treatments, creams, and epilators. While these methods may be effective, there’s still the fact that they might encounter side effects – redness, irritation or skin swelling being only some of them. Lucky for them, there is a natural remedy for everything.
The Turmeric Solution
Who knew that the answer was exactly in your kitchen cabinet? While turmeric might not show spectacular results overnight, it will still reduce your facial hair if used regularly. Once you apply it on the skin, it will stick to the hair tightly. When you scrub the mixture afterwards, it will remove the hair straight from the roots. Upon repeated treatment, it will completely discourage hair growth and you will be able to get rid of it completely. Here are some tricks for you to use:
- Turmeric paste: by mixing 2 tbsp of turmeric powder with a few drops of water, you make a paste and apply it on the clean face. Once it’s dry, use a warm water-dipped cloth to remove it.
- Turmeric with lemon and sugar: the sugar will add to the stickiness and the lemon will act as a bleaching agent. Just boil 1 cup of water with ½ cup of sugar until you get a syrup, and then add 2 tsp of each turmeric and lemon juice.
- Turmeric with almonds: make a paste out of a few almonds that were previously soaked in water, and combine it with turmeric powder and some rosewater to make a paste. Apply it on the hairy area and leave it overnight to soak.
Turmeric can be combined with everything from oatmeal to egg white, barley flour, Indian nettle and Aloe Vera (to name a few). Each will add to the stickiness, and they will also hydrate your skin enough to keep it from irritating.
Things to Remember When Using Turmeric
When you use turmeric to remove facial hair, there are a few things you will need to consider first. Before you apply it, remember to:
- Wear old clothing, to avoid getting stains from turmeric.
- Avoid using turmeric if you have an allergy to it.
- Perform an allergy test first. Apply it on a patch that is less visible, for instance.
- Take a steam bath before applying the paste on your face. It will open up the pores and it will make it easier to remove the hair.
Try turmeric to get rid of facial hair for good and enjoy a beautiful, flawless face while you’re at it.