Garlic is known to be a strong weapon against many diseases. It has over 70 minerals and vitamins, including vitamin B, Vitamin C, amino acids, sulphur compounds and enzymes. Alicine, the main active substance in garlic, is responsible for the antibiotic properties of this plant.
The wonder effects of garlic
Alicine boosts your immune system by stimulating the white cells reproduction within the blood and the production of antibodies. It is an excellent remedy against any type of infection. Garlic has intestinal and pulmonary antiseptic effects, antiviral, bacteriostatic and tonic properties that apply for all internal organs.
Garlic consumption is very beneficial for the cardiovascular system. It has a hypotensive action (lowers the pulse and the arterial pressure), due to its vasodilator properties. It also prevents the deposits of uric acid and salts on the blood vessels and joints. It helps thinning the blood, preventing any possible thrombus (blood clots).
Garlic is also a good hypoglycemic, antitumor, detoxifying, anti-gout and anti-rheumatic agent.
Consumed with different meals, it helps with the digestive process of heavy foods, such as meat and it also stops the gas formation.
How to make the miraculous garlic syrup
By cooking, alicine and garlicine – the two main antibacterial compounds of garlic – are destroyed. This is why garlic should be consumed mostly raw.
Besides being a powerful product, garlic syrup also has the antibacterial properties of honey. In addition, thanks to the sweet taste of honey, the garlic becomes more bearable and easy to digest. It also has an easier effect on the taste buds, being easily administered.
- 20 tablespoons of honey
- 10-15 garlic cloves
First of all, the garlic must be peeled and smashed/crushed. Then, you can stir it with the honey and place the obtained pasta in a glass jar. Seal it tightly and let it sit for 1 week. After this period, you need to strain the syrup.
You will consume 1 teaspoon, 1 to 2 times per day.
Health benefits of honey
Honey has many health benefits that will make you feel better and will fight against diseases:
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties – honey keeps the nasty bacteria out of your body, preventing infections.
- Prevents cancer and heart diseases – the flavonoids inside honey reduce the chances of some cancers and any heart diseases.
- Helps athletes – modern studies have proven that the Olympic athletes were right to believe that honey helps with performance and with healing.
- Reduces gastrointestinal problems and heals ulcers – due to its antibacterial properties, honey can actually help people dealing with ulcers and gastrointestinal problems to feel better.
- Aids with coughing and throat irritation – a dose of dextromethorphan is very effective when it comes to nocturnal coughing. Now you can switch it with buckwheat honey. A study on 110 children proved that honey is indeed helpful when it comes to coughing.
As you can see, both garlic and honey have incredible health benefits. When combined, they can keep you away from multiple diseases.