Scars are parts of our lives. They are marks showing that we went through certain events and they might stay with us forever. However, there are some scars that can be treated and which can fade away by using some essential and carrier oils.
Here are the oils you could use:
- Helichrysum essential oil – It has powerful antioxidant properties and helps with the regeneration of the skin.
- Carrot seed essential oil – It also has antioxidant properties and can rejuvenate, tone the skin and treat it in the case of a sunburn.
- Frankincense oil – It promotes the regeneration of the cells and help the wounds heal properly, thus reducing the risk of scars.
- Lavender oil – The antibacterial and antifungal properties of this oil will work towards building a healthier skin even though it might be affected by some conditions such as psoriasis.
- Rosemary essential oil – It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties and can help the skin in conditions such as dermatitis or eczema.
- Sandalwood oil – This oil stimulates the healing process of the skin and the cell proliferation.
- Neroli oil – Keeps the skin elastic and builds new skin cells.
- Mandarin oil – its antioxidant properties will prevent the skin damage, lowering the rate of scarring.
- Lemon oil – This is great for the scars caused by acne and it also has antibacterial properties.
- Tea tree oil – It moisturizes the skin and heals conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Chamomile oil – It can heal any wounds caused by cuts, bruises and alleviates any infection.
- Clary sage oil – It reduces stretch marks and scars. Worldwide recognized in the world of cosmetics.
- Rosehip seed oil – Lightens the scars and regenerates the skin. Tested on people suffering from sunburns, acne scars and age spots.
- Tamanu oil – It helps the skin to heal and reduces scars and stretch marks.
- Calendula oil – It has anti-inflammatory properties and treats many skin conditions
Scar treatments using essential oils
- 1 tbsp. of tamanu oil
- 1 tbsp. of calendula oil
- 1 tbsp. of rosehip seed oil
Mix them in a bottle and then apply them on the surface of the skin that has been affected by scars.
Here is a stronger mix:
- 20 drops of lavender oil
- 20 drops of frankincense oil
- ½ cup of rosehip seed oil
Another strong blend for scars:
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- 15 drops of mandarin oil
- 15 drops of helichrysum oil
- ½ cups of rosehip seed oil
Apply this solution on the face in the morning and on the scars twice a day.
Treating acne to prevent scarring
You can treat acne by using coconut oil as a daily moisturizer. You also have the opportunity to mix ½ cup of coconut oil with 40 drops of sweet basil essential oil. Place the mixture in a bottle and apply on the face every morning using circular motions. Wipe the excess oil using a tissue.