Summer has just begun, and we’re eager to start showing off our legs, and wear all kinds of lovely sandals. However, if your heels aren’t exactly in the shape you’d want them to be, and they’re cracked, you’re not as eager to start wearing flip flops, are you?
That’s why we’ve assembled a list of effective home remedies for treating cracked heels so that you can enjoy summer the right way.
Rose water, lemon, glycerine and salt foot mask
There’s nothing wrong with giving your feet a proper spa day, in order to make them look nice. That’s why we’d like to propose to you a foot mask! The healing properties of the ingredients will make your heels look rejuvenated. Follow the next steps:
- In a basin of warm water, add lemon juice, raw salt, rose water and glycerine. Leave your feet to soak in this water for about 20 minutes.
- Next, scrub your heels vigorously.
- Mix a teaspoon of undiluted glycerine, one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of rose water. Apply the obtained content on the surface of your cracked heels. This mixture is quite sticky. That’s why it’s best to take on a pair of socks and let it stay overnight.
- In the morning, rinse off the remedy with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the procedure until you notice improvements.
Avocado and banana foot mask
The next foot mask suggestion includes three luxurious ingredients – avocado, coconut, and banana. Coconuts and avocados are filled with healthy fats, vitamins, and essential oils, which aim at moisturizing your feet and promoting the cellular health of your skin.
- Combine a ripe banana with an avocado, and the flesh of half a coconut, and blend it all together until you obtain a paste.
- Apply the thick content on your cracked heels.
Typically, the primary cause to cracked heels is excessive skin dryness. By applying the following steps, you’ll manage to cope with this problem.
- Wash your feet in lukewarm water, and once they have dried off, gently massage some vegetable oil on the affected parts of your heels.
- It is best to wear a pair of socks. Leave it overnight to allow your skin to moisturize.
- Wash your feet in the morning, and repeat the procedure in the next couple of days.
Lemon juice and vaseline remedy
- Soak your feet in warm water for up to twenty minutes. Pat them dry afterward.
- Combine the juice of a lemon with a teaspoon of vaseline. Apply this thick mixture on your heels, and massage gently as your skin absorbs the content. In the morning, rinse.
Honey is equipped with numerous health benefits, and potent antibacterial properties, which makes it the ideal solution for treating your cracked heels naturally.
- Add one cup of honey to half a bucket of lukewarm water.
- Next, allow your feet to soak for 20 minutes, to absorb the nutritive functions provided by the honey.
- Afterward, scrub your feet and they’ll be soft and supple.
- As you repeat the procedure, you’ll observe noticeable enhancements.