There are many products on the market that treat scars, cuts, burns, bug bites and many other skin issues. But, from now on, you can rest assured, because this germ-killing ointment will become your universal treatment. This is not only homemade and universal, it is also made with organic, 100% natural ingredients. There is not one chemical put into it. This ointment kills bacteria and germs and also relieves pain. At the same time, it is very useful when it comes to killing fungus and battling viruses.
Here is what you need to make this recipe:
- 1 tablespoon plantain – bee stings, eczema, insect bites, psoriasis and poison ivy are usually the main issues that push us to buy chemical products from the store to get rid of these problems.
- 1 tablespoon goldenseal root – this ultimate herb has become one of the most used herbs with multiple purposes. It is antibiotic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antiviral.
- 1 tablespoon of St. John’s Wort – in fact, this plant is mainly used to treat mild depression. Recent studies have shown that it is also great for sunburns and bruises.
- 1 tablespoon calendula flowers – bacteria, fungus and viruses are attacked by this plant’s phytochemicals
- 1 tablespoon olive leaf – this one is able to healing eczema and it has antiviral compounds.
- 2-4 tablespoons of beeswax – this ingredient comes from the bees and it is incredibly beneficial for the skin. It will heal and soften your skin in no time.
- 1 tablespoon raw, natural honey – honey is known to reduce scarring and also the risk of getting infections. I am sure you have noticed that due to its multiple benefits, it is used in many commercial products such as body lotions, face creams and make-up remover. Before you buy any type of honey, make sure it is raw and 100% natural, not the sugary stuff many markets sell.
- 1 tablespoon comfrey root and leaves – this herb acts at a cellular level, by stimulating their reproductive action. By doing that, it reduces the swelling, bruises, burns, sprains and sores.
- 1 ¼ cup organic olive oil – mostly used to help with the infusion process.
How to prepare the ointment
You will begin by measuring the ingredients and then you will proceed to preparing the oil infusion. The oil infusion can be prepared following one of these three methods:
- Hot oil extract – you place all the herbs into a jar with the olive oil on top of them, you stir and put the glass jar into a pot on the stove. Put some water inside the pot. You set the stove at low heat and then you let it sit there for 4-8 hours, one day or 3 days.
- Cold oil extract – you add the herbs and the oil, you stir and close the lid of the jar and you let the mixture sit for 4-6 weeks.
- Super quick extract – put the herbs in a double boiler, set on low temperature for 30 to 60 minutes and you are done.
Then, all you have to do is strain the oil and herbs using a cheesecloth and proceed to melting the beeswax into the herbal oil in a saucepan. Remove the saucepan and allow the ointment to cool down. Then, you can start stirring, and adding the honey. Keep stirring until it is creamy and smooth.
Now, you have your own homemade ointment that will heal your scars and bruises in no time. Plus, it is cheap to make.