Although none of us likes sweating, it’s the way in which our bodies are created to function. By sweating, our bodies eliminate harmful toxins; which is, in fact, a beneficial aspect. However, the disturbance is caused by the unpleasant odor that is imminently associated with sweating. Even though perspiration doesn’t necessarily have a nasty smell, it’s the bacteria that break down the sweat into acids that smell unpleasant.
Although we have a far-reaching variety of commercial deodorants to choose from, there is a surplus of reasons you shouldn’t purchase them. For starters, the majority of deodorants encompasses aluminum-based elements, toxic fragrances, and parabens. And, worst of all, these chemicals are connected to severe conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and breast cancer. In addition, your armpits are a sensitive area which is susceptible to irritations. Therefore, one way to make sure that you don’t expose yourself to all these health hazards is preparing an all-natural deodorant. It’s true that this deodorant won’t prevent sweating. It will, however, keep the unflattering odor at a distance! The recipe includes the following ingredients:
- Coconut oil is featured by unbelievable antifungal and antibacterial properties, which is why it is excellent at fighting the bacteria that causes the odor. In the meantime, thanks to its creamy, nourishing texture, it grants your deodorant a smooth, hydrating consistency. As a matter of fact, many people have said that plain coconut oil is an effective natural deodorant itself.
- Shea butter is a fantastic moisturizer that prevents dryness and irritation caused by shaving.
- Baking soda is acknowledged as an incredible agent when it comes to absorbing unpleasant odors. In the meantime, it contributes to neutralizing the pH level, preventing infections.
- Essential oils enlist a unique mixture of psychological and healing properties. For instance, tea tree oil is known to have excellent antifungal and antibacterial properties that fight the bacteria. In the meantime, lavender has a pleasant odor, while promoting relaxation and overall wellbeing.
- Cornstarch is equipped with the capability of absorbing moisture, being odor free.
- Beeswax contributes to preventing the deodorant from melting, granting it its solidness.
What you need
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 10-15 drops of essential oil
- Deodorant container
- Position the grated beeswax in a double boiler.
- Add the coconut oil and shea butter.
- After the shea butter and coconut oil have melted, remove the pan from the oven and add the baking soda and cornstarch.
- Combine the ingredients as you obtain a smooth
- Dissolve the aroma of your preferred essential oil by including 10 to 15 drops.
- Transfer the content you obtained in a deodorant container or a silicone mold.
- After it cools off, your deodorant will be ready to use.
- Allow the deodorant to dry for about three minutes before putting on your clothes, to avoid getting your clothes stained.
- For a more prominent aroma, you may add cocoa butter as well.