We all know that cucumber is a great remedy for the skin, due to its high water content. A cucumber face mask is extremely hydrating and nourishing and it comes with great benefits for the aging skin. It has soothing and astringent ingredients and it’s also useful for the sunburned and acne-prone skin.
Cucumber is rich in silica, a trace mineral that strengthens the connective tissues and rejuvenates the skin, combating wrinkles and maintaining the elasticity.
Since it is an astringent, cucumber can also keep the skin hydrated. It also tightens it. This vegetable also contains antioxidants and vitamin C, meaning that your skin will be younger-looking, glowing anf clearer. Last, but not least, cucumber is efficient in eliminating the dark circles under the eyes.
The face mask presented below also contains rose water and lemon juice. These 2 ingredients have skin-tightening and antioxidant properties. They are going to make the skin look glowing, minimize large pores, reduce age spots and blemishes. Rose water also has a great smell and will reduce stress by inducing a relaxing and calming effect.
This mask would not be complete with aloe vera. This powerful ingredient works great on aging skin because it rejuvenates it and promotes cell renewal. The aloe vera gel is moisturizing and soothing and can treat sunburn and acne. It even protects the skin against sun damage.
Anti-Aging Cucumber Mask – Recipe
– ½ teaspoon rose water
– ½ teaspoon lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
– ½ cucumber
Peel the cucumber, then wash it and chop it. Put it into a blender and add the aloe vera gel, the fresh lemon juice and the pure rose water. Let the mixture blend for a few minutes. This is your anti-aging mask that you can use to reap the benefits. As you can see, it’s incredibly easy to make and it’s also much more affordable as compared to the commercial anti-aging creams.
Before using this mask, you must wash your neck and face. Pat dry and then apply the mask covering your face and neck area. Let it cure for almost 20 minutes and then use cold water to rinse off and refresh the skin. Use the mask 1 – 2 times per week.
If you have a sensitive skin, this mask might not be right for you because it has astringent properties.
Tips and Tricks
– If you want the mask to be even more moisturizing, then you can add organic honey (1 teaspoon) to the mixture.
– If you don’t have a blender, you can always make use of a fork or spoon to mash up the cucumber and stir the mixture.
– Make use of fresh aloe vera gel. You can simply cut one aloe leaf and extract the gel from there. It’s much natural and healthier than purchasing aloe vera gel from the store.
– Your skin can also look younger and healthier if you consume hydrating and refreshing cucumber on a regular basis.
– Aloe vera can also be taken internally to improve elasticity and diminish wrinkles. Take ¼ teaspoon of aloe vera gel per day for a couple of months. Because of its laxative effect, make sure you’re not increasing the dose.