When you are faced with the high summer temperatures, you feel as if your only solution is to peel your skin off so that it will stop burning. However, with the proper ‘equipment’, you won’t need to go that far. Moreover, what I will suggest is going to be refreshing, soothing and make your skin glow. It won’t contain any chemicals, artificial fragrances or alcohol which will harm your skin in the long run, so you can use it even if you have sensitive skin.
Such a DIY facial mist will offer you freedom to experiment. You can play with the oils and the ingredients, ending up with a product that will be completely perfect for you. Here are the ingredients you ought to use for this spray, although you can also experiment with others of your own choice.
- Cucumber: great skin calmer that can protect it from the sun as well as hydrate it.
- Lemon: an exfoliating agent that prevents excess oil buildup and acne. Plus, it can leave your skin feeling smoother, softer and rejuvenated.
- Aloe vera: improves skin elasticity and soothes the skin.
- Rose water: has the ability to hydrate and rejuvenate the skin. It also has astringent properties which can balance the pH level of your skin, reducing the redness and excess oil buildups.
These ingredients combined will give you a soft and glowing skin, all in a natural way.
How to Make This Spray
In order to make this skin spray, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- The cucumber juice from one cucumber
- The lemon juice taken from half of a lemon
- One teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- One tablespoon of rose water
Most of the job is already done once you’ve gathered the ingredients. The next step would be to take one (peeled) cucumber and blend it until you get a pulp. Take a clean cheese cloth, add the cucumber juice and strain it in a bowl until you extract all of the juice (you can also use a juicer). Afterward, you take the lemon and squeeze its juice into the bowl, finishing with a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and a tablespoon of rosewater. Once mixed, you add the composition into a spray bottle and you’re done! You can use it up to three times a day.
Using the Spray
This spray can be used and stored in the refrigerator up to one week (after which you will need to make another round). You can also add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice to change the aroma. If your skin is sensitive, you may want to tone down on the lemon or remove it completely. Don’t throw away the pulp of the cucumber either: you can use it as a natural face mask.
Applying this every day will ensure that your skin is glowing, hydrated and protected against the harsh environment – a.k.a the sun that wants to burn you alive.