Acne is a skin condition that appears especially on the face, back, neck and chest. However, this problem always leads to a low self-esteem and may affect the daily routine of a person.
The causes of acne are ranging from hormonal imbalances to stress and even some specific prescribed medications. A poor diet and hygiene will definitely contribute to this condition and will worsen it.
Even though there are plenty of cosmetic and medical treatments for acne, some of the natural remedies are even more efficient for this issue. Not to mention that they are not synthetic. This means that they have fewer side effects compared to those treatments. One of these powerful natural remedies is coconut oil.
Why Should You Use Coconut Oil?
You may wonder how can coconut oil be efficient in treating acne, especially if you cannot imagine any type of oil being used for a problem caused by sebum. Well, this kind of oil has plenty of nutrients that are essential for your skin and can fight against acne.
- One of the best proprieties of coconut oil is its anti-inflammatory effect. Acne is, in fact, an inflammation of your skin, so an anti-inflammatory agent is what you need to get rid of it.
- Besides reducing the inflammation, this oil also has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal proprieties. All these will help you eliminate the microbes or bacteria that cause the acne.
- Coconut oil contains high amounts of vVitamin E, which is essential for a healthy skin. By providing your skin with this vitamin, you will help it stay clear.
- It is also a rich source of vitamin A, also vital for your skin’s health. Vitamin A deficiency leads to early shedding of the skin, leaving the underdeveloped cells exposed to damaging factors and microbes. This may result in infections and acne.
- This oil is very efficient in treating scars, and it can repair damaged skin.
- Coconut oil also has plenty of benefits when consumed. For example, it contributes to the regulation of hormones. By helping your body reestablish a normal hormonal balance, you help it eliminate acne.
- It contains plenty of healthy fatty acids, which help your body, as well as your skin, stay away from bacteria and infections.
Coconut Oil, Honey, and Aloe Vera – Mask
All the ingredients of this mask are helpful for your skin. This remedy will contribute to the regeneration of the skin. This way, you will benefit from a clear, healthy complexion. What you need are 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and 5 tablespoons of aloe juice. Mix all the ingredients and you will obtain a paste that you need to apply on your face. Let it there for about 25 minutes, and then rinse your face with warm or lukewarm water.
You are advised to use virgin coconut oil and fresh Aloe Vera juice when preparing the mask. If you don’t have Aloe Vera, you should know that coconut oil and honey alone are also very efficient in healing acne.
It is recommended to use this mask twice a week.