The leading cause of death for people in America is usually a heart disease. This is followed closely behind by chronic respiratory diseases and strokes, these making it into the top five reasons why people are dying in the States.
What do these deaths have in common? How can they be linked to one another? Well, most of the time, these deaths can be a result of built up fatty material and plaque on the walls of the arteries, leading to a condition called atherosclerosis.
What is atherosclerosis and how can we prevent it?
Atherosclerosis is a condition that almost 16 million people with a coronary artery disease have to face. Most of the time, this condition is caused by inappropriate lifestyle and a chaotic diet high in fats that elevate your cholesterol levels which clog your arteries. The condition can also be worsened by smoking, which adds to the arterial damage.
Just like there are diet choices you can make which make your blood vessels prone to fatty deposits and plaque, there are also ways in which you can remove these deposits on your arteries and redirect your lifestyle towards something less life-threatening caused by atherosclerosis.
What are the main ingredients needed for this?
Well, aside from water, you will need two more ingredients to make your wonder drink:
- Lime: Highly stocked on vitamin C, limes not only provide you with fiber, but research also says that the flavonoids found in lime boost the immune system and they prevent the build-up of fatty acids and plaque on the inner walls of the arteries.
- Parsley: High blood pressure damages the walls of the blood vessels and lets cholesterol and fat circulate within the blood vessel. This plant has the ability to regulate blood pressure, and it is used to treat various conditions such as arterial hypertension.
How to make this recipe?
It’s actually quite simple. To start with, you will need the following:
- 3L water
- 1 baking soda package
- about 6 parsley bunches
- 2 pounds of lime
After that, we start putting the ingredients together. For that, you will need to do the following:
- Thoroughly wash the limes with cold water and scrub them with some baking soda. Leave the baking soda to cover the lime for about an hour so that its antimicrobial properties clean the lime of pesticides.
- While you wait, wash the parsley and cut it out into small pieces.
- Place a pot of water on the stove and fill it with water.
- Put the cut limes in a pot together with the parsley and let it cook for about 2 to 3 hours on a medium-low temperature
- At the end of your cooking process, half of the water will have evaporated and in the pot, you will only see a syrupy which you can drink every morning to clean your blood vessels in a natural way.