Do you have oily skin? Is it looking dull and lackluster? There’s a solution for that which will lighten your skin and make it look healthy and bright! If you don’t have the time or money to visit a spa or a salon, there are plenty of masks you can concoct in your own kitchen. The one detailed here makes use of strawberries, nature’s most delicious source of antioxidants. In addition to smelling and tasting incredible, they offer numerous benefits for your skin.
Ingredients such as antioxidants (ellagic acid), vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acids are especially good for oily complexions, because they have healing properties, treat acne, regulate the skin’s natural production of sebum, and prevent the appearance of sun damage and wrinkles. Moreover, the strawberry’s natural astringent qualities make it a good toner.
You can DIY a face mask very easily, all you need are a few ingredients, such as honey (included for its anti-acne properties and added moisture), yogurt (present for the same acne-fighting qualities, in addition to smoothing the skin and reducing blemishes, thanks to its content of lactic acid) and lemon juice (which brightens and softens the skin).
What you need:
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 5 strawberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. yogurt
What to do:
First, the strawberries need to be washed and then mashed very well. You can do this by simply putting them in a blender or go low-tech and use a fork. A part of them (about ¼ cup) can be set aside in a bowl, where you also add honey, yogurt and lemon juice. Mix them thoroughly (again, a blender can be helpful), until you obtain a homogenous paste and you’re done!
How you can use it:
- Cleanse your face very well, taking off all of your makeup and washing your face thoroughly.
- The mask can be applied all over your face, as well as down your neck. Most people forget the neck, but wrinkles appear there, too!
- A good idea is to massage it into your skin, to act like a natural face scrub.
- Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes, before washing it off.
- Alternatively, you can use raw honey and Greek yogurt, if you want organic ingredients or a thicker paste.
- Strawberries are a great source of vitamin C, which is known to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, as well as fine lines.
- Your mask might have come out with the wrong consistency, but don’t fret – you can thicken the consistency by adding ground oatmeal to the mix. Not only does it act as a thickening agent, but it also comes with its unique set of properties that help your skin.
- If you are short on time or don’t feel like taking a trip to the store, you can also create your mask from just the mashed strawberries and a couple of tablespoons of honey. You will get the same benefits with minimal hassle.
So don’t let dull skin take over, when the solution is so easy. All you need is a few minutes to make it and relax with the mask, and your skin will look, feel and smell as good as new.