Forget about coffee in the morning. Now you can replace it with this delicious smoothie with potassium that will help you or anybody that has high blood pressure difficulties. Even if you are perfectly healthy, you can enjoy this smoothie for the incredible benefits that it brings.
High blood pressure problems are not something to joke about. Left untreated, they can damage your heart, kidneys, blood vessels and even other parts of your body. To always make sure your blood pressure is not too high, you must change your diet and lifestyle and that means cutting back on coffee, exercising on a regular basis, being aware of your sodium levels, having a perfectly balanced diet, reducing stress and limiting alcohol intake.
In time, nutrients such as potassium and Vitamin C have proved to be quite effective and lower blood pressure. Vitamin C acts like a muscle relaxer, and, at the same time, promotes the elimination of sodium and water excess.
For this wonder smoothie, you will need:
- Kiwi and strawberries – vitamin C source
- Bananas – for potassium
- Flax seeds – which you must grind, to hold place for fibers
- Low fat yogurt
- Skim milk
In general, dairy products are very healthy for your body. A study done in 2013 showed that people who consumed dairy products on a regular basis had lower blood pressure and their risk of getting a heart condition dropped critically.
Optionally, you can add garden cress, rich in vitamins A, C and K. It is beneficial for the heart.
As previously stated, you will need bananas, kiwi, strawberries, skim milk and low fat yogurt. As for the tools, make sure you have a knife, measuring cups and a blender beside you. Once you have gathered all the ingredients into one place, you can now proceed to making the smoothie.
Here are the steps you must follow in order to get this delicious smoothie:
- Take the blender and put ½ of the skim milk.
- Then mix it with the low fat yogurt (half a cup).
- Slice the strawberries and put half of them inside.
- Cut the banana into slices and add it to the mix.
- Peel the kiwi and cut it into rough pieces that you add to the smoothie.
- Take a spoon and dip it into the ground flax seeds and pour them into the blender.
- Turn the blender on and mix all these ingredients for a few minutes.
- If you chose to add garden cress, chop it and then add it to the mix. Blend again.
- Take a bigger glass and pour your smoothie in it.
- Decorate it with garden cress if you want and enjoy its wonderful taste and health benefits.
There are some other tips that you might find useful:
- Coconut milk can replace skim milk for a more nutritious smoothie.
- Flax seeds can be replaced by chia seeds if you prefer so.
- You can add some spinach to the smoothie in order to make it healthier. Just make sure you chop the leaves pretty finely. Beets can also be added to this mix. Both vegetables are rich in Vitamins A, C, nitrates, magnesium and iron.