The Most Important Essential Oils to Have in Your Home
For centuries, essential oils have been used for an improved balance of the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of life. During the Middle Ages, those who were performing activities such as perfumery or tannery were considered to be less predisposed to diseases when compared to the rest of the population.
As more and more viruses and bacteria become reluctant to medicines, researchers around the world found a solution to prevent this phenomenon from happening. They discovered that the compounds that are to be found in the essential oils can block the development of the bacteria. As a result, they have been introduced in the medication formulas all around the world.
When buying essential oils, it is important to search for those that are organic and highly-qualitative and to try and acquire them from well-known merchants and then store them in dark cool places where children cannot have access. Here are 7 of the most common, yet effective essential oils which should not miss from your home:
- Lavender – It is known to be a powerful medicine kept in a small bottle. It can be used in the case of adults who suffer from sleep problems and for babies, as it alleviates the discomfort caused by cramps. Lavender has a very powerful relaxing effect, but it is also famous for fighting infections and for the ability of curing burns.
- Tea tree – This essential oil can serve a multitude of health related issues, starting from yeast infections to wounds and oral health, overall.
- Geranium – Well-known for its astringent properties, geranium is recommended to be used in skin care, especially if the skin is affected by sebum. It has the power of eliminating the extra amounts of oil away from the skin, without drying it out.
- Myrrh – This oil is indicated to be used if a person suffers from serious infections. Also, it takes great care of the skin, as its compounds fight the aging process and reduce wrinkles.
- Clary sage – This essential oil has established its reputation when it comes to female hormones. Clary sage has the ability to balance any hormonal problems women may suffer from.
- Rosemary – Rosemary essential oil is of great help when it comes to liver problems, as it takes great care of this organ. Also, it can be used in the case of blocked breathing passages.
- Peppermint – A natural oil that diminishes and removes any headaches or digestive conditions a person might suffer from. The blood circulation can be significantly improved throughout the whole body. Another great aspect peppermint essential oil is in charge of is the mental fatigue. A constant use of peppermint essential oil leads to the elimination of this upsetting condition that interferes and affects your daily activities.